What is the Northwest Fire Science Consortium?
The Northwest Fire Science Consortium is a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional network consisting of federal and state agencies, non-governmental organizations, universities, and private landowners within Washington and Oregon. The Consortium seeks to provide:
- A delivery system for the effective dissemination and adoption of fire science information, knowledge, tools, and expertise.
- A framework within which a variety of existing organizations and outreach programs focused on fire science delivery can coordinate more effectively.
- A venue to increase researcher understanding of the fire science needs of practitioners.
The Steering Committee is composed of at least one representative from each lead institution and includes individuals from multiple land management agencies, universities, and Extension Programs. The Committee discusses and advises on the implementation of deliverables, contributes to the work proposed by NWFSC, and supports needs assessment and program evaluation efforts.
Director, Forestry & Natural Resources Extension Fire Program & Associate Professor, Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society, College of Forestry, Oregon State University.
Fire Program Manager, Forestry & Natural Resources Extension Fire Program, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR.
Professor, Regional Extension Specialist and Forestry Team Leader, Washington State University Extension Forestry Program
Extension Forester, Washington State University Extension Forestry Program
Associate Professor of Science and Environmental Communication, University of Oregon
Partner Sensing Group (FY 24-25)
The NWFSC Partner Sensing Group:
- Reviews accomplishments, outcomes, lessons learned, and workplans;
- Helps design and engage end users in needs assessments, particularly for diverse representation and inclusion of underrepresented groups;
- Networks and shares NWFSC activities and outputs within their organizations and partnerships.
For information and questions about the NW Fire Science Consortium please contact Autumn Ellison, Consortium Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org